Road Traffic Accidents
Most issues of liability for road traffic accident claims and compensation turn on the facts. However, it is very much a case of one person's word against another and the Court's assessment of a person's judgement in the circumstances and the accuracy of their recollection. The vast majority of road traffic accidents do not reach trial, either because the victim has a good lawyer who forces settlement or a bad lawyer who advises the client to settle when they should not.
We are specialist road traffic accident solicitors and barristers with a proven track record, providing expert legal assistance to maximise compensation in the event that you are unlucky enough to be involved in a road traffic accident.
Personal injury claims are not simple. The complication is added to by the involvement of numerous parties, including insurers, claims management companies, hospitals and doctors, accident repair companies, hire companies and employers.
Why would you need a solicitor? Here are a few reasons you may not be told of elsewhere:
- Your insurance company will recover their own losses. They will not recover yours. What they agree with the other side on liability is likely to bind you;
- You may have a solicitor appointed by your insurer or insurance broker. They will have usually paid for the case and have no money left to provide a quality service;
- Should you proceed using a claims management company then it is likely that their fees will have to come out of your damages;
- You are entitled to appoint an independent solicitor, who will usually work on the basis that they will be paid by the other side;
- The other party's insurer will be trying to pay as little as possible (Norwich Union were famously quoted as saying that they should be able to send an apology and a bunch of flowers) and using their knowledge of the system to achieve this; and
- Your insurance company can issue or defend proceedings in your name. If they then fail to pay any amount agreed or awarded it is your credit reference that is affected.
We live in an age of third party capture (where insurers seek to settle your claim without you obtaining any legal advice), trade in claims (where your legal expenses insurer sells your case to a firm of solicitors) and credit hire vehicles (where you get given a replacement hire vehicle after your accident but may end up with a nasty bill at the end). You need a specialist solicitor on your side and it can cost you nothing to have one.
Whether you want to use our expert services from the very beginning or wish us to take over conduct of your case, please call us on 01404 861868 anytime. If you decide not to pursue the matter any further it costs you nothing.
We have extensive experience dealing with claims for injuries ranging from relatively minor whiplash to ligament damage, broken bones, multiple trauma, paraplegia, amputation, brain injury and fatal accidents. We regularly take over cases from less experienced solicitors in difficult areas of speed, overtaking, junction accidents, difficult injuries, road surface defects and diesel spills. We are also especially expert in high loss of earnings cases or where people's jobs and careers have suffered as a result of injuries.
We will act under any Policy of Legal Expenses Insurance, so you do not have to stick with a Solicitor who may have paid a referral fee to your insurance broker to buy the right to conduct your case.
Don't be someone else's learning curve. Call our 24 hour help hotline on 01404 861868 for clear, expert legal help.
If you need our help, either e-mail us anytime, or call 01404 861868.