RTA Claims Process
The most important thing about the RTA claims process a case is preparation. The following are important guidelines:
- Take the third party's details at the scene or obtain these from the police.
- Speak to any witnesses who may have been present, or at least obtain their contact details.
- Report the matter to the police and/or your insurer forthwith.
- Speak to us as soon as possible after the accident and well in advance of your case going to Court. This will give us the best opportunity to consider your case, advise on how we can help and let us prepare it properly for you.
- Assume that just because it was the other person's fault they will admit it.
- That you do not have a case and not bother seeking legal advice.
- Think the other person's insurer will accept fault even if their insured tells them it was their fault.
- Believe the third party insurer is working to provide you with proper compensation and not looking for ways to avoid having to pay you damages.
- Obtain a hire vehicle without speaking to a lawyer first.
- Work on the basis that your insurer will seek to recover your losses.
- Avoid speaking to us because you are afraid of the cost. Initial discussions are free if the matter goes no further and we will act under a no win, no fee agreement if the matter goes any further. We believe in sharing the risk with you.
- Further Information
- How a Case Works
If you need our help, either e-mail us anytime, or call 01404 861868.